The national SIMSAM network seeks to create an internationally leading research community for register-based research. It accomplishes this by:
- conducting, supporting, and initiating interdisciplinary research using Swedish register data;
- improving the quality of data for register-based research;
- enlarging the pool of scientific knowledge produced on the basis of Swedish national register data;
- supporting and sharing methodological developments in order to maximize the
possibilities for the use of Swedish register data for research purposes; and
- encouraging and taking part in international research collaborations using register-based data.